Having an ISO certification is important for business owners, agencies, or even translation departments because of its ability to enact growth, profitability, and cost savings. It shows the team members how to be more efficient and establish ongoing QMS standards for improvement and sustainable customer success. Based on the nature of operation each of the ISO Standards of the Translation, Interpretation, and Localization Fields shows a series of significant benefits:
Benefits to you:
– Ability to prove the company’s capability to provide a quality service through a fully traceable system, ensuring case files are fully backed up and retrievable and that important work is not lost.
– Increase client base by being able to tender for contracts that require a recognized management system.
-Ensures that client cases are managed, coordinated and scrutinized for accuracy by a qualified case manager, and suitably reviewed by a qualified colleague prior to finalization – eliminating the margin for error and / or customer complaints. Benefits to your customers:
– Increases customer confidence and gives reassurance to the prospective clients that you follow a recognized specialist standard while under taking their translation requirements.
– Provides assurance that you employ appropriately qualified staff – both interpreters and translators are qualified to undertake the task in a professional and effective manner to the latest industry standards.
Benefits to your staff:
– On-going staff development- the standard helps to ensure that staff and contractors follow a professional development program, keeping them update with the latest techniques and dialects.
– Heighten morale and motivation as employees have defined processes and procedures that result in a quality and consistent service being provided.
– Proves that they work for an innovative and forward thinking employer.
The primary benefits to clients include:
– Top-notch quality assurance, with the minimum requirements set for translators, editors, and project managers.
– More confidence in the translation, interpretation, and localization output, since the transition and revision phases are each overseen by different translators. – Agreed upon expectations that delineate the standard procedures of how the project will be managed.
– Confidentiality assurance as a result of the mandatory data protection requirement.
– Precise translations due to the rigorous guidelines.
– Retrievable files, with all work being fully traceable.
What are the advantages of certification?
1. Certification builds trust
An independent body certifies that your product, service, management system or employees meet the requirements of a specific standard and that their quality is continually monitored. This builds trust among your customers and also differentiates you from your competitors. In invitations to tender, in particular, certifications are frequently listed as a requirement or they give your company an advantage.
2. Evidence of the high quality of your products/services
Certification implies high quality. When you hold a valid certificate issued by an independent body, you demonstrate the high quality of your products and services to your customers and business partners.
3. Opening up new markets
Certification can also help you access new markets, win new customers and use alternatives sales and marketing channels. By applying standards and obtaining certificates according to them, you benefit from internationally comparable benchmarks in times of globalization.
What does the ISO Certification mean for you, as a professional
TRANSLATION, INTERPRETATION, LOCALIZATION SERVICE PROVIDER?
1) All our Certified Service Providers are registered in the official database of TUV AUSTRIA / I-LICS, this is what your client should know. We receive on daily basis requests from the market to confirm the validity of Standard Certificates provided by Service Providers.
2) We send to the Embassies of the states of the European Union upon request a valid list of our CERTIFIED SERVICE PROVIDERS in the specific country. In addition, as a certified Service Provider, you’re recognized worldwide Contact us now and apply for a Certification Audit: [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected]
The Director and Senior Lead Auditor of the Middle East region is Dr. Mohamed-Ali Ibrahim
Dr. Mohamed Ali Ibrahim is a Senior Lead Auditor & Partner of TUV Austria, a Lecturer, Trainer, and International Expert in the field of Translation, Interpretation and Localization Industry, and in the field of Business Administration and International Quality and Risk Management Standards since 1997. Besides focusing on the German-speaking countries, his main area of responsibility is in the Middle East, where he has opened a number of Arab markets to the Austrian Certification Body, and now he manages and supervises the relevant companies, partners, and institutions in the Arab region.
Dr. Mohamed-Ali Ibrahim is the founder and Manager of i-LICS, The International Language Industry Certification System, an Austrian Organization that provides independent, third-party certification services.
Dr. Mohamed-Ali Ibrahim is a contracted Senior Lead Auditor for ISO 9001:2015, three International Standards of the Educational Sector, and all International ISO Standards of the Translation, Interpretation, and Localization Fields. Dr. Mohamed Ali Ibrahim holds a Master in Translation & Interpretation Studies from the University of Graz in Austria and EBC*L diploma „ EBC*L Certified Manager” as well.
The Ph.D. thesis was about the management of the risk and quality systems in the health sector. He was awarded the Austrian State Prize in 2013 plus Four other international awards from Berlin, Barcelona, London, and Vienna.
Dr. Mohamed Ali Ibrahim is a researcher, author, university lecturer, coach, and consultant, in addition, he’s active as a train of trainer () for the European Business Competence License (EBC*L) in Vienna / Austria in the three training levels: Basic Principles in Economics and Finance / Middle Management, Project Planning and Implementation / Senior Management, Leadership and Challenges of Leadership.
Dr. Mohammed Ali Ibrahim wrote and published 25 books in business administration, quality and risk management, and translation studies in Arabic, German and English languages. Visit his Amazon shop of books here: Amazon Store
He is also the author of the official training materials for the Arabic section of the (EBC*L). For more details visit his personal website.
LICS® specifies the procedure to certify a service provider in the standard specific certification schemes. Each ISO 1700 or ISO 13611 certification process involves the following steps:
Application: Submitted using the certification form provided by the local certification partner.
Documentation: The service provider must file documentation containing basic information about the company, along with a self-declaration describing how the service provider complies with the requirements of applicable standard.
The audit: The core of the certification process is the audit, the purpose of which is to gather evidences that the service provider meets the requirements of the standard. This evidence includes, for example, interviews with relevant staff, checking records and client jobs undertaken and monitoring activities. The audit is performed by a qualified auditor who has been trained specifically to conduct LICS audits.
Review and issue of the certificate: Following the audit, the auditor sends his/her report to Austrian Standards, which will then assess the audit report. If the assessment is positive, a certificate is issued that is valid for 3 years.
Surveillance audits: In order to maintain the certificate, surveillance audits shall be carried out on a 1-year cycle.
We offer combined certification audits for any of the following standards, or together (this saves time, efforts and money):
LICS Certification Services & TUV AUSTRIA cover the ISO Family For Translation & Interpretation Services as follow:
– ISO 17100:2015 (The Certificate will be issued by „ The Austrian Standards Institute“) Translation services — Requirements for translation services. For details: https://www.iso.org/standard/59149.html
– ISO 13611:2014 (The Certificate will be issued by „ The Austrian Standards Institute“)
Interpreting — Guidelines for community interpreting. For details: https://www.iso.org/standard/54082.html
– ISO 18587:2017 (The Certificate will be issued by „ The Austrian Standards Institute“)
Translation services — Post-editing of machine translation output — Requirements. For details: https://www.iso.org/standard/62970.html
– ISO 9001:2015 (The Certificate will be issued by „ TUV AUSTRIA“)
Quality Management System. For details: https://www.iso.org/standard/62085.html
For requesting a quote please send the – Application Form – Please note, that the calculation factors are (a) the kind of standard and the desired combination, if any, (b) the No. of team members, and (c) the No. of locations. In case of a combined audit, you pay traveling costs one time for any combination, this is depending on the location of your premises.